We had friends coming over the other night for what I thought was AFTER dinner, only they were running late and hadn’t had dinner. Have you ever been in that situation where you planned on putting one thing out only to have plans change and you needed something quick!
I wanted to throw something together with what I had on hand. Well to be totally honest here ….. it was just too late to get to the store and I really had to choice but to make it work.
I didn’t want something ordinary and typical. I really wanted it to have some substance to it because I had hungry guests coming. I saw a bunch of leftover chicken in the fridge from when I made my Best Grilled Chicken recipe. It had a little marinade on it, but that was no problem, I could rinse most of it off.
So I decided on a Chicken Enchilada dip. I figured once the enchilada sauce hit the chicken any marinade taste would fade away.
I looked in the pantry and found some organic corn and black beans. Perfect! I really wanted to add some of those Rotel diced tomatoes but I didn’t have any. Oh well … next time for sure.
All I had to do now was make the enchilada sauce and the taco seasoning.
Once that was done it was as simple as combining some room temperature cream cheese and taco seasoning and spreading it in an 8×8 pan and layering the rest of the ingredients on top of it. I topped it off with lots of freshly grated organic cheese and I baked it until it was hot and bubbly.
I served it with some organic tortilla chips and it must have been good because there was none left !! Next time I make it I am going to add some Rotel diced tomatoes, a jalapeno or 2, and maybe some green chiles. And don’t let the 4 oz of cream cheese stop you. That was a thin layer. Use the whole 8 oz. if that’s your thing.
Let us know how your dip turns out!Print
A hearty dip with shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, black beans, corn and 2 types of cheeses. Kick it up with more chili powder or try adding a jalapeno pepper or green chiles. Serve hot and bubbly with tortilla chips.
- 4 oz. Organic Cream Cheese, softened
- Taco seasoning
- 1 Organic Chicken Breast, cooked and shredded (or Rotisserie)
- 1 Cup Organic Corn
- 1 Can Organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup Enchilada Sauce
- 8 oz. Organic Shredded Cheese
- Add 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning to the cream cheese and mix until blended. Using a rubber spatula, spread the cream cheese on the bottom of an 8×8 square pan.
- Add the corn and the beans to the pan
- Pour the enchilada sauce over the shredded chicken in a bowl and add that to the pan
- Sprinkle 1-2 Tablespoons taco seasoning over the chicken and add the cheese
- Bake in a preheated oven an 350 degrees until hot and bubby (20 minutes). Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve with tortilla chips
© HappilyUnprocessed. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words AND link back to this post.
Recipe Source: HappilyUnprocessed.com
I used all organic ingredients when making this recipe, and hope you do too! 🙂