I’ve come across a ton of recipes on Pinterest lately that are all things pumpkin. ‘Tis the season after all.
One recipe that intrigued me was this Pumpkin Fluff Dip. I thought ‘how fun’! But the problem is 99% of them used Cool Whip topping and at least ½ cup of sugar.
So that ended that.
Then I saw a few that had cream cheese and I thought, why not whipped cream? It’s lighter and fluffier and tastes 100% better than Cool Whip. So I combined the whipped cream with about 4 oz of cream cheese, some spices and ½ cup pumpkin puree.
It wasn’t ‘pumpkiny’ enough. So I added a little more spice and another ¼ cup pumpkin … nailed it!
You can serve this with some apple slices, organic graham crackers or even some homemade cinnamon tortilla chips! I liked the apples the best but I think anything cinnamon or honey related with this dip is amazing!Print
5 minute Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
Author: Debi @ HappilyUnprocessed.com
Don’t let the heavy cream in this dip make you think it’s heavy. It’s anything but! Light, fluffy, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg. All the flavors of fall in a dip!
- 1 cup organic heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz. organic cream cheese (room temp)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin in the pie aisle – they even have organic now!)
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- In a medium size bowl, using a hand mixer on low speed, combine the heavy cream, cream cheese, syrup, vanilla and spices. Turn the speed on high until stiff peaks start to form. This can take a few minutes.
- Then, using a rubber spatula, fold in the pumpkin puree.
- Serve with sliced apples, organic graham crackers or homemade cinnamon tortilla chips.
© HappilyUnprocessed. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words AND link back to this post
Recipe Source: HappilyUnprocessed.com
I used all organic ingredients when making this recipe, and hope you do too! 🙂
Question: What brand cream cheese can I use that does not contain High Fructose Corn Syrup? I’m feeding school age kids. Thank you.
Ed I don’t know of any cream cheese that has hfcs in it. What brand are you using? But I buy either Organic Valley or Simple Truth Organic Cream Cheese if that helps any