If you are in the market for an easy, failproof appetizer that will wow your guests then this Roasted Tomato Crostini will do just that!
The best time to make this of course would be during the summer months when those little cherry tomatoes are in abundance.
I added some chopped shallots, garlic and extra virgin olive oil and let them roast for about 45 minutes.
I prefer to roast the tomatoes at a high heat for a shorter period of time. I put them in a preheated oven at 350, making sure to toss them around every 15 minutes or so because they can go from cooked to burnt in an instant.
Keep an eye on them and take them out when they look similar to this:
The tomatoes have cooked down so they’ve become nice and soft, the shallots have caramelized nicely around them and you can smell that garlic all blended in nicely.
Mmmmm Mmmmm… Come to Mama!
TIP! Have you ever seen this hack for cutting a bunch of cherry tomatoes at the same time? It’s genius!
Next it’s time to get the bread prepared. I bought a long skinny baguette type bread and sliced it kind of thin.
Then I brushed some olive oil on it (you can use butter too) and popped it under the broiler for about 8 minutes or until a little golden.
An easy no fail appetizer that will wow your guests!
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (cut in half or quarters if they are on the large side)
- 1–2 shallots, minced
- 2–3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2–3 Tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 log of goat cheese
- Baguette bread, sliced and lightly toasted
- 1–2 Tablespoons basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the tomatoes in half (or quarters), chop the onions and mince the garlic
- Place all the ingredients (excluding the basil) in a bowl and sprinkle with the salt and pepper and drizzle with the olive oil. Make sure they are nicely coated, add more if necessary
- Place the tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with a Silpat and roast for 45 minutes, turning every 15 minutes
- When they are removed from the oven but still on the baking sheet, sprinkle the chopped basil on top
- Serve with the toasted bread topped with goat cheese