Get ready to savor a vibrant and wholesome salad packed with nutritious ingredients. With diced sweet potatoes, fluffy quinoa, fresh spinach, creamy avocado, and a delightful combination of dried cranberries and slivered almonds, this Roasted Sweet Potato, Spinach and Quinoa Salad offers a burst of flavors and textures.
WHY THIS SALAD WORKS:
Drizzled with a zesty lemon vinaigrette, every bite is a harmonious blend of tanginess and earthiness. The roasted sweet potatoes, cooked quinoa, and vibrant greens create a satisfying base, while the addition of red onion and garlic-infused dressing takes it to the next level. It all gets tossed together and is served immediately for a vibrant and nourishing meal.
How to Make It:
- To start, we roast the sweet potatoes until they’re tender and perfectly caramelized.
- Meanwhile, the quinoa cooks in a flavorful chicken or vegetable stock, absorbing all the deliciousness. Once ready, we combine the roasted sweet potatoes, fluffy quinoa, chopped spinach, dried cranberries, sliced red onion, creamy avocado, and crunchy slivered almonds in a large bowl.
- Now, let’s talk about the star of the show – the Lemon Vinaigrette. This zesty dressing brings everything together, adding a tangy and refreshing element to the salad. It combines red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar, dried oregano, fresh basil, roasted garlic, organic lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Whisking it all together creates a flavorful and emulsified dressing that perfectly complements the salad’s ingredients.
- Remember, this salad is best served immediately to retain its freshness and crunch. The lemon vinaigrette adds a delightful tang, but be mindful not to overdress the salad, as it can cause the greens to wilt.
Our Wholesome Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette is not only a feast for the taste buds but also a nutritional powerhouse. Sweet potatoes offer a dose of vitamins and fiber, quinoa provides protein and essential nutrients, and spinach adds a boost of iron and antioxidants. It’s a salad that nourishes both the body and the soul.
Not only does this delicious satisfy your taste buds with its vibrant and refreshing flavors, but it also nourishes your body and uplifts your soul. So, treat yourself to this wholesome creation and enjoy the goodness it brings to your plate. Embrace the nourishing bliss with every forkful and experience the perfect harmony of taste and well-being.
LOOKING FOR MORE SUMMER SALADS?
Roasted Sweet Potato, Spinach & Quinoa Summer Salad
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SALADS board!
A POWERHOUSE of nutrients in a summer side dish (or main veg) with roasted sweet potatoes, spinach, quinoa and avocados in a light lemony vinaigrette.
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, left in tact
- 1 cup Quinoa, thoroughly rinses
- 2 Cups Chicken (or Veg) Stock
- 2 Big Handfuls Spinach, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 Avocado, diced
- ⅓ Cup Dried Cranberries
- ⅓ Cup Slivered Almonds
- ½ Red Onion, sliced thin
- 4 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard (do not substitute)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 3 Fresh Basil leaves, finely chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic (that was roasted while roasting the sweet potatoes), mashed
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Peel and dice the sweet potato in even cubes. Toss them in a bowl along with the garlic and drizzle them with the olive oil. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Place them on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper or a Silpat. If you crowd all the potatoes together they steam vs roast. Roast for 15 minutes, give them a stir and check for doneness. Roast another 5-10 minutes or until done but not mushy.
- Meanwhile add the chicken (or veg) stock to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the rinsed quinoa, cover and lower the heat to a simmer. Cook for approx. 15 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed. When done, fluff with a fork and set a clean dish cloth over it to steam. Peel the garlic and mash.
- Next prepare the salad dressing by combining all the ingredients (including the peeled garlic) minus the olive oil. Whisk vigorously and SLOWLY DRIZZLE in the olive oil until the dressing is emulsified.
- Add the sweet potatoes, quinoa, chopped spinach, dried cranberries, red onion, avocado and slivered almonds in a large bowl. Toss the salad with the desired amount of dressing (there will be extra). Serve immediately.
- This salad will wilt if the dressing is left on too long. It is best served immediately.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS:
BETTER THAN BEEF TURKEY BURGERS