Who’s up for some banana pancakes?
Who’s up for making them, eating them and cleaning up in a jiffy? Well then we’ve got your covered because these banana filled fluffy pancakes take only 5 minutes to whip up.
These pancakes produce a great breakfast food for those of us who don’t generally like to eat eggs for breakfast – or who just want a healthy alternative.
The overripe bananas are key for these pancakes to work. They get sweeter as they ripen plus you can mash them to the point of it almost being a liquid. They provide a lot of fiber as well.
This batter is really just a launching pad. My son likes to add peanut butter powder for added protein without the fat. He also likes to mix it up and add protein powder and blueberries.
It’s really just a blank canvas – cinnamon and walnuts are my favorite addition.
And of course there is my daughter who will throw in the chocolate chips (she’s a work in progress).
Yes you can make these dairy free by using Almond milk.
You can also make them gluten free by using GF flour mix.
Top them with some homemade whipped cream and some extra banana slices and your family will thank you!Print
4 ingredients and 5 minutes is all it takes to whip up healthy fluffy banana pancakes … finally a breakfast that is not eggs!
- 2 Medium/Large Overripe Organic Bananas
- 1/2 Cup Milk (Unsweetened Almond Milk works great)
- 2 Large Organic Eggs
- 1 Cup Unbleached Flour (I use Bob Mills)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork or potato masher until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir. Next the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Heat a skillet or griddle (grease if necessary) and pour the pancake batter to desired size.
- When bubbled appear flip the pancake and cook on the other side until done.
- Serve hot with butter, maple syrup, whipped cream and garnish with extra banana slices.
WANT MORE GREAT BREAKFAST IDEAS?
- BREAKFAST EGG MUFFINS
- CARAMELIZED ONION, MUSHROOM & SPINACH FRITTATA
- SPINACH & GRUYERE CHEESE WITH A HASH BROWN CRUST
- GLUTEN FREE BANANA BREAD