Oh me ~ Oh my!! These carrots simply put are … wonderful!
They take practically no time or effort to make, yet are the perfect side dish for your everyday meals or elegant enough for company. They even deserve a spot on the table at your next Thanksgiving dinner.
I’m not joking when I say I make an entire 2 lb bag of carrots with this nice warm glaze on them and there are NO leftovers EVER. And to be honest, I think it’s simply ridiculous to make 3 lbs of carrots for 4 people! But if I want leftovers, which is always do, that’s what I’m gonna have to do from now on!
Two things I wanted to point out:
- There is a teeny bit of brown sugar in these. The butter can be overpowering if not balanced with something sweet. You can try and substitute maple syrup. I haven’t tried that yet. But the honey wasn’t enough to balance it for me.
- There is a lot of controversy surrounding heating honey. I decided NOT to heat it with the carrots, but rather drizzle it over the carrots when they were done cooking. I just took the pot off the flame, drizzled the honey and then covered the carrots to keep them warm and let the honey melt in.
Even your picky little ones will like these !! 🙂Print
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and then add the brown sugar, parsley and chicken stock.
- Add the carrots and cook over low heat (partially covered) until they are fork tender, approx. 10-12 min.
- Turn off the heat and add the honey.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: HappilyUnprocessed.com
I used all organic ingredients when making this recipe, and hope you do too! 🙂