If you’ve never tried this method, you have no idea what you’re missing and how easy it is! I swear I will NEVER boil rice again.
So all I did was basically ‘finish up’ the recipe omitting the part where I had to cook the rice. And it came out great.
It was ready in about 20 minutes, and the reason it took that long was just because I like to saute the onions for a long time to get some caramelization going.
But it really is as simple as sautéing some onions and garlic and adding tomato paste, some spices and adding your cooked rice in to it. Easy peasy! Just the way I like it!Print
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup organic onion, diced in chunks
- 4 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 organic jalapeno, diced (optional)
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons fresh organic lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/3 cup organic cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a small saute pan over low/medium heat, add the olive oil and heat until warm
- Add the onion and saute until it starts to brown, approximately 7-8 minutes
- Add the garlic and jalapeno pepper and cook another 30 seconds
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine
- Add the cooked rice and stir to combine, heating through, approximately 1 minute
Recipe Source: HappilyUnprocessed.com
I used all organic ingredients when making this recipe, and hope you do too! 🙂