A TRUE Mexican classic !!! Ripe avocados with the perfect balance of onion, lime juice and salt!
How can you celebrate Cinco de Mayo without Guacamole? Simply put … you can’t.
Guacamole is a staple in Mexican cuisine. It is super easy to make and must be on your table if you are celebrating Cinco de Mayo.
Avocados also are very healthy for you. They have the GOOD fats our body needs. I eat a half of an avocado every single day. It’s either on top of my omelet in the morning or in my salad at lunch.
They are also high in fiber, rich in vitamin B, E and K and have 60 percent more potassium than bananas.
You can’t go wrong with this dip.
- The key to making good guacamole is in the avocado. You want one that is a little over ripe. Check for ripeness by squeezing the avocado. If it is very hard then it is not ripe yet, but if it squishes in your hand it may be past ripe. You want one that squeezes slightly and is not bright green.
- Dice the red onion and then put it in a bowl of water for about 10 minutes if you want to alleviate some of that bite red onion has.
- Garlic or no garlic? Some guacamole recipes call for garlic, some do not. Your choice
- If you want a little more heat, try adding a finely diced jalapeno
- Be sure to use SEA SALT in this recipe, not regular table salt.
A Mexican staple! Ripe avocados with the perfect balance of garlic, onion and lime juice.
- 4 ripe Organic Avocados
- 2–3 Cloves Organic Garlic, minced (or pressed)
- 1/4 Cup Organic Red Onion, diced
- 2–3 Tablespoons Organic Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Rotel Diced Tomatoes (many varieties to chose from)
- 1 Organic Lime, freshly squeezed
- SEA Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by slicing the avocados in half lengthwise. You will feel the pit in the middle, bring your knife to it and just rotate until the avocado is sliced in half. Twist the avocado to open. Using your knife, quickly tap the pit with your knife so the knife wedges into it. Gently twist and the pit should come right out.
- Scoop the avocado out and put in a small bowl. Mash with the back of a fork to the desired consistency.
- Add the minced garlic, diced onion, cilantro, Rotel tomatoes, lime and lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Mix and refrigerate.