This creamy lemon chicken piccata recipe is great for a weeknight dinner! Perfectly cooked chicken in a creamy lemon sauce that is on the table in 30 minutes! Serve with your favorite pasta, noodles or rice, a veggie and salad.
Chicken Piccata is one of my Weeknight Go To recipes with good reason. It’s a no fail recipe. It consistently comes out fabulous every single time I make it, but more importantly, I can get dinner on the table in record time!
This recipe is so easy I don’t even have to prep for it and it STILL comes together in 30 minutes! It has like 7 ingredients and is one of the most flavorful meals. It’s light, it’s lemony and you don’t leave the dinner table feeling over stuffed.
The difference with recipe and our Chicken Piccata recipe is the addition of the cream and a little adjustment in the amount of liquid. So, the sauce in this recipe will be a little creamier. If you like a cream sauce this may be more to your liking.Print
This chicken piccata recipe is a great weeknight go to! Perfectly cooked chicken in a creamy lemon sauce that is on the table in 30 minutes! Serve with your favorite pasta, noodles or rice, a veggie and salad.
- 4 Boneless Organic Chicken Breasts
- Flour for dredging
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Salted Butter
- 1 Cup Organic Chicken Broth
- Juice from 2 Organic Lemons
- 1/2 cup Organic Heavy Cream (you can substitute half and half)
- 1/4 cup Capers, drained and rinsed
- Begin by slicing the chicken breasts in half if they are thick. Place each piece between wax paper and pound so they are thin and even
- Season each breast with salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan over med/high heat and add the butter. Once the butter is sizzling, add a few chicken breasts to the pan – be careful not to overcrowd the pan
- Cook until they are no longer pink in the middle (depending on thickness this could take between 4-6 min)
- Remove the chicken to a plate, continue until all chicken is cooked
- Turn the heat to medium/low. Carefully add the broth to the pan and scrape up any bits left. Add the juice from the lemons, heavy cream and capers. It should quickly come to a boil, turn the heat down and let it simmer for a few minutes
- Return the chicken to the pan and heat through for 2 minutes
- Serve over pasta, noodles or rice