Baby Bella Mushrooms are full of beefy flavor. They are rendered down with some onions, garlic and deglazed in a balsamic and soy glaze. Totally delicious!
It’s GRILLING season!!!!
Whenever I say things like that it reminds me of Bugs Bunny. There is a classic cartoon where Bugs and Daffy go back and forth between “WABBIT SEASON” “DUCK SEASON” “WABBIT SEASON” “DUCK…”
Anyway, now that I just totally aged myself, let’s talk mushrooms…..
Sometimes we forget how versatile mushrooms really are. There are a ton of varieties on the market today… Button, Shitake, Portobello, Cremini to just name a few….
For this recipe, we are using an easily found, common bella mushroom. They are know for having a meatier, more substantial taste than say white mushrooms … which is probably why they are so popular in vegetarian and vegan diets.
They just have this great meaty texture and taste to them. These baby bella mushrooms go UHhhhh-mazingly well with Steak.
It’s as simple as cleaning up the mushrooms and marinating them in this delicious balance of balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil and garlic. Thyme goes really well with mushrooms too, feel free to add a sprinkle.
But DO NOT leave out the garlic!
Let them enjoy this delicious bath for a few minutes and soak up the seasonings. They can either be sautéed in a cast iron skillet (MY preference), stainless steel, or (since it’s summer) skewer them and grill them!Print
Sauteed Garlic Balsamic Bella Mushrooms
- 1 (8 oz) Pkg Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ Tablespoon Tamari (or Organic Soy Sauce)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced (2 tsp)
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil + 1 teaspoon Butter
- Pinch of Sea Salt, Black Pepper and Parsley
- Brush the dirt or any impurities off the mushrooms and cut them in half or slice them if they are thick.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat up a skillet over medium heat until hot and add a little olive oil and butter. Add the onions and sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the mushrooms and garlic. Cook until have released their liquid and start to brown.
- Add the sauce and continue cooking for another minute or until the sauce reduces a little.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS:
WEEKNIGHT FLANK STEAK
PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED ASAPARAGUS
LOOKING FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES?
Subscribe to our newsletter to get family friendly healthy recipes delivered to your inbox. You can also find us sharing more recipes on PINTEREST and FACEBOOK.
You said add onions but how many? There are no onions on the list?
I just add as much as I like Nicole. I am a huge onion fan so I add one medium onion diced up.