Ranch dressing is a staple in our house. I decided to stop buying it some time ago once I became aware of some of the ingredients in it.
But I also knew it would be an easy recipe to replicate and so I did. Here is our tried and true Ranch dressing recipe and let me warn you now… I could actually drink this stuff it’s THAT good!
Two things I wanted to point out in this recipe:
- One of the ingredients it calls for is mayonnaise, and this is where we stand on that issue as of today. I have attempted time and time again to make a homemade version of mayonnaise and well ….. I think I’ve succumbed to the fact that’s one thing I may not be able to replicate. It just isn’t the same texture and consistency. So yes, it is a condiment in our house that is processed. We are currently using the Spectrum brand and use it very sparingly. I will continue to try to make my own, but until then we do use it in small amounts and this recipe calls for it.
- All buttermilk is not created equal. It’s hard to find one that does not contain Carageenen, but they are out there.
Either way you look at it, controversial ingredients and all, homemade is a better way to go both in quality of ingredients and taste.
There is a secret little spice I throw in there that makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE in this dressing … and that’s dill weed. I only listed 1 teaspoon in the recipe below, but I have been known to add more. Let the flavors mingle overnight in the fridge and taste it the next day. The flavors marry and intensify. But I always add more dill 😉
Then you can do fun little appetizers with your homemade Ranch dressing like I did during a small plate party I was hosting. Guests just love picking up these fun little shooter cups with their own personal veggies in it and dipping it in the Ranch!Print
A creamy Ranch dressing made with 3 ingredients and some spices, one of which may surprise you, are all it takes to make this wonderful homemade dressing.
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ¼ Cup Buttermilk
- 1 ¼ tsp chives
- 1 tsp parsley, dill weed, garlic pdr
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Stir all ingredients together and refrigerate for up to 7 days
- Enjoy on your favorite salad or veggies
Calories 106; Fat 11.5 gr; Cholesterol 7 mg; Sodium 114 mg; Carbs .5 gr; Fiber 0 gr; Sugar .2 gr; Protein .5 gr
- Prep Time: 5 min